Hex nuts are used to prevent shear movement and tension when adhering facing materials together with machine bolts. Hex nuts are commonly used in wood to wood, wood to metal, and metal to metal applications. Grade 2 zinc steel hex nuts are recommended for most general uses and are corrosion resistant. Be sure to pre-drill any holes and to use washers and bolts that are a similar grade and finish.
- Hex nuts are designed to mechanically join materials by fastening to a bolt
- Duplex coating is 2x more corrosion resistant than galvanized fasteners, offering 4 layers of protection from sun, temperature, snow and chemicals
- Can be installed by screwing onto exposed thread by hand and tightening with a wrench
- Parts are safe for use with treated lumber
- Recommended for use with bolts and washers of a similar size and finish
- Parts feature USS coarse 1/2-in-13 screw thread
- Limited lifetime warranty against rust and corrosion
There are no reviews yet.